I have a similar "system" that depends on old-fashioned hard-drives, but I suspect that only one of the three (four actually, counting the one in the desktop) would fail at any given point.  Our oldest grandchild is now using computers on a regular basis, however, and I do need to investigate ways to restrict his access.

Thanks for the update on using Dropbox though.  I've noticed what I've shared stays in the cloud, and didn't realize the advantages of same.

Cheers,