I am just catching the tail end of this conversation. I have been looking into getting a Drobo, with is essentially a network attatched personal cloud. But it has the same problems such as tornado or fire or theft in my office as a Raid would.. At a couple thousand dollars for all of my hard drives plus the cost of the Drobo device itself, Cameron's solution sounds pretty good at $1k a year. Except that it takes forever and a day to upload to the internet from rural Nebraska. Still not sure what to do....