I can't claim to speak from a position of authority or knowledge on the subject, but Kingdom Law VIII-409 states that "The Minister of Youth shall be responsible for the scheduling of Ministry of Youth activities at all Crown Tournaments and Coronations as well as the War of the Lilies."  That might have something to do with it, although obviously there are many more kingdom-level events than just Crowns, Coronations, and Lilies.

-Edward de Kent