Greetings all!

I hope you've had a great summer and are looking forward to this Fall's
events! I know I am! I just got back from Cattle Raids in Nebraska, and it
was fantastic! It really upped my enthusiasm for upcoming events, the next
of which is the September 19-21st event, Triumphe of the Pavilions (in the
Province of Mooneschadowe - northern Oklahoma.) I've posted before, but now
it's time to get to the nitty-gritty details! ((and please please forward
to those who might be interested. Repost everywhere! ;-] ))

Check out the fun activities planned for the event at the webpage:
http://mooneschadowe.ansteorra.org/triumphe/

We plan to spend Friday Night with an informal Meet and Greet so that
equestrians (new & old) can meet each other, as well as non-equestrians to
meet the Equestrians when we're not all busy tacking up & taking care of
horses. Saturday Morning we'll be running through the basic games/training
techniques (with Reeds, Heads, and Rings) as well as working with people
interested in helping on our ground crew. More hands make light work and we
want this first Equestrian presence at Triumphe to be well received and fun
for everyone! We'll break for a quick lunch and then entertain the Royals
during Their Luncheon with a Head-to-Head competition, featuring the Reeds,
Heads, and Rings.
After that - WHACK-a-BONK! If you don't know what it is, you'll find out.
;-) I always have fun with this little game and it's a great training tool
to start learning for Mounted Combat. Even if you don't *like* Mounted
Combat (I'm one of those people), you'll have fun with this. We'll also
keep the other equipment set up so that those wishing to practice some more
on our traditional gaming techniques will have the chance.

AND NOW - Camping! This is *not* an equestrian facility - meaning you'll
need to bring your equine's pen, buckets, hay, and other camping equipment
(high-line to trailer, etc.) Equestrians will be camping near the back of
site, near the equestrian field (check the map on the webpage). We are
still waiting to hear on clarification with regards to tying to trees (if
yes, please bring your trunk savers!) As well as waiting on clarification
for RV hook-ups. I will post that information to you as soon as I have it.
However, There is *plenty* of room for electric/panel pens and tents! And
there are spigots & hoses for water.

If you plan on attending (with or without your horse) please RSVP with me.
Those equestrians (or friends of) wishing to camp in the Equestrian Area
will need to send me their approximate tent size (or trailer size), how
many equines (if bringing), as well as what type of Equine camping they'll
be utilizing (i.e. high-line, pen-~ what size?, trailer-tie, etc.) We'd
like to get a decent idea of who all we'll be having back there and where
people need to be (i.e. high-liners need to be closer to the trees than
those with pens or trailer ties.)

If anyone has any questions, please contact me (Eowyth [at] GMail {dot}
com) and I'll be happy to answer them.

I am VERY much looking forward to helping foster the equestrian program in
Northern Ansteorra. Many thanks to the event stewards, His Grace Jean-Paul
and Her Ladyship Lillias, for working with Her Grace Gilyan & I to get this
off the ground!

Ever in Service,

THL Eowyth þa Siðend