Greetings!

This is a reminder that the first precook for the Cattle Raids feast is this
weekend at St. Mark's on the Campus church (13th and R St.).  It will begin
at noon on Saturday and end at 6:00 or before (depending on how long it
takes us).

So far, I've heard from Morgana, Carlos, Isabeau, Derdriu, Haldora, and
Aibhilin that they may be able to be there.  If you haven't volunteered yet,
but would like to help, please let me know.  Most of the work will be
chopping herbs, toasting walnuts, and cutting up chicken and onions.  So if
you are coming and have knives and/or chopping blocks you can bring, let me
know.  When we get done prepping stuff, you'll get the bonus of chatting
with friends while things cook.  J

We'll be making an herb omelet/quiche sort of dish, and a chicken stew
cooked with pomegranate and walnuts.  The walnuts are courtesy of Isabeau
and Carlos.  Thanks so much, I & C!

I'll be using fresh dill, parsley, and cilantro for the omelet/quiche dish.
Haldora told me she had a ton of fresh dill.  Haldora, do you still have a
lot you can bring?  If so, I'll let you know how much I need.

If anybody else has extra parsley or cilantro in their garden they would
like to contribute, let me know.  Otherwise, I'll get them from the store.

I also need some freezer space for the stew and 12 pie pans of omelet.  I
can take some of that, but if you have spare room in your freezer you would
let me use for a few weeks, please let me know.

Thanks in advance to those who donate herbs and/or come to help!

YIS,

--Gwyneth