Good evening!

At the largesse night on Wednesday, a plan was hatched: to create spice kits for largesse. To that end, Wednesday night we will be etching the glass containers (small bottles for spices, baby food jars for herbs) at the Library. Then those lovely containers will need spices to fill them. I hope to provide hyssop and possibly mint from my garden. Others are providing peppercorns, salt, star anise cloves, allspice, anise seed and possibly sage and maybe saffron (if it can be obtained affordably). It would be lovely to have a few more additions to these neat kits! Other suggestions for spices might include:

Mace
Galingale
cinnamon
nutmeg
red sandalwood
grains of paradise
cubebs

Please let me know if you might be able to add any spices to this project. If you want to help with the etching, it will be Wednesday night at the Library. Please bring masking tape and an exacto knife if possible.

Additionally, if anyone has any interesting small containers to donate that might hold these kits, that would be wonderful.

Thank you so much for all your help and enthusiasm.

Halldora