Dear Lady Gwyneth:

      I can come to your precook (at St. Mark's, right?) and I have both an electric skillet and several knives I can bring.

Joe

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 7:55 PM, Theron & Laura <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Greetings!

This coming Saturday (Aug. 16) we’ll have the 2nd precook for Cattle Raids feast.  We’ll be mixing and frying meatballs, mixing and baking honeyed cheesecakes (yum!), and possibly cooking some batches of chick peas.  We’ll start at 1:00 this time (another group has the area until noon), and go to as late as 6:00 , if need be.

If you are able to come and help at any point during this time, please let me know.

I also have some equipment needs.  If you have any of the equipment listed below that you could loan, please let me know.  If you can’t come to the precook, I will arrange to pick up stuff.  I’ll be at Moot on Wed., so could get things there, if that’s convenient.

1.       3-4 electric griddles or frying pans, for frying meatballs.  I have one electric frying pan I’ll bring, and there are a couple of normal frying pans we can use on the stove, but more electric ones would be ideal, since they’re easy to spread out.

2.       Knives and cutting boards, since we’ll be cutting up onions and herbs

At the precook last week, some people said “If only I knew you needed XYZ I would have brought it.”  So, if you have any fresh mint or fresh parsley you would like to contribute, let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Gwyneth