From: Baronage The Lonely Tower [log in to unmask] [LonelyTower] <
Date: Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Subject: [LonelyTower] Tourneys
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

As the October Revel will feature the first armored tourney of our tenure
as Baron and Baroness we have been talking a great deal about tourneys we
have watched in the past - good things, bad things and memories that make
the SCA such a joy for us.  Tourneys play a big part in the Society, not
the least of which is choosing our kings.  They are excellent opportunities
for grand displays, fancy speeches and many memories.

Augustin recommended that the Barony add to our fight practices a "How to
fight in a tourney" opportunity (both C&T and Armored).  Giulia mentioned
that a "How to be consort during a tourney" opportunity would also be a
good idea.  Both of these things can be scary in their own way. We invite
everyone in the Barony to join us on Tuesday, August 26th and participate
in discussions and a practice tourney.

Get a chance to learn about fighting (and being fought for) in a tourney,
practice some showmanship, get ideas for an amazing display and then come
to the October revel and show off.

A few fighter things to talk about: what to expect at a tourney, what the
heralds say and what the fighter should do (great chance for people to try
field heraldry), honor on the field and off, working with the list table
and other fighters, interacting with the crowd.

A few consort things to talk about: how do fighters choose consorts,  what
to expect from your fighter/consort, what do consorts do anyway, do you
give the fighter a favor, different types of favors, what is a favor
anyway, interacting with your fighter, other fighters and other consorts.

Get a chance to learn about fighting (and being fought for) in a tourney,
practice some showmanship, get ideas for an amazing display and then come
to the October revel and show off.

Gabriel and Giulia,
Baron and Baroness of the Lonely Tower

 __._,_.___
  ------------------------------
Posted by: Baronage The Lonely Tower <[log in to unmask]>
------------------------------
•  Reply to sender <[log in to unmask]> •
Reply to group <[log in to unmask]> • Start
a New Topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/LonelyTower/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJkNmlpNjhlBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE3NDgyMwRncnBzcElkAzE3MDU3Njc1MDMEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDbnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNDA3Njg2Mzg4>
• Messages in this topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/LonelyTower/conversations/topics/31903;_ylc=X3oDMTM1M2xqbzhlBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE3NDgyMwRncnBzcElkAzE3MDU3Njc1MDMEbXNnSWQDMzE5MDMEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNDA3Njg2Mzg4BHRwY0lkAzMxOTAz>
(1)
Barony of the Lonely Tower email list
 Visit Your Group
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/LonelyTower/info;_ylc=X3oDMTJkMHQ3bWc5BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE3NDgyMwRncnBzcElkAzE3MDU3Njc1MDMEc2VjA3Z0bARzbGsDdmdocARzdGltZQMxNDA3Njg2Mzg4>