Forwarding at the request of His Excellency Lonely Tower.  Please come join us.

Aethelwine
Knights Marshal, Lonely Tower

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Baronage The Lonely Tower [log in to unmask] [LonelyTower] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Subject: [LonelyTower] Tourneys
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

As the October Revel will feature the first armored tourney of our tenure as Baron and Baroness we have been talking a great deal about tourneys we have watched in the past - good things, bad things and memories that make the SCA such a joy for us.  Tourneys play a big part in the Society, not the least of which is choosing our kings.  They are excellent opportunities for grand displays, fancy speeches and many memories.

Augustin recommended that the Barony add to our fight practices a "How to fight in a tourney" opportunity (both C&T and Armored).  Giulia mentioned that a "How to be consort during a tourney" opportunity would also be a good idea.  Both of these things can be scary in their own way. We invite everyone in the Barony to join us on Tuesday, August 26th and participate in discussions and a practice tourney.

Get a chance to learn about fighting (and being fought for) in a tourney, practice some showmanship, get ideas for an amazing display and then come to the October revel and show off.

A few fighter things to talk about: what to expect at a tourney, what the heralds say and what the fighter should do (great chance for people to try field heraldry), honor on the field and off, working with the list table and other fighters, interacting with the crowd.

A few consort things to talk about: how do fighters choose consorts,  what to expect from your fighter/consort, what do consorts do anyway, do you give the fighter a favor, different types of favors, what is a favor anyway, interacting with your fighter, other fighters and other consorts.

Get a chance to learn about fighting (and being fought for) in a tourney, practice some showmanship, get ideas for an amazing display and then come to the October revel and show off.

Gabriel and Giulia,
Baron and Baroness of the Lonely Tower

Posted by: Baronage The Lonely Tower <[log in to unmask]>
Barony of the Lonely Tower email list

.