I currently have room in my freezer.

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 10:45 PM, Theron & Laura <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Greetings!

This is a reminder that the first precook for the Cattle Raids feast is this weekend at St. Mark’s on the Campus church (13th and R St.).  It will begin at noon on Saturday and end at 6:00 or before (depending on how long it takes us).

So far, I’ve heard from Morgana, Carlos, Isabeau, Derdriu, Haldora, and Aibhilin that they may be able to be there.  If you haven’t volunteered yet, but would like to help, please let me know.  Most of the work will be chopping herbs, toasting walnuts, and cutting up chicken and onions.  So if you are coming and have knives and/or chopping blocks you can bring, let me know.  When we get done prepping stuff, you’ll get the bonus of chatting with friends while things cook.  J

We’ll be making an herb omelet/quiche sort of dish, and a chicken stew cooked with pomegranate and walnuts.  The walnuts are courtesy of Isabeau and Carlos.  Thanks so much, I & C!

I’ll be using fresh dill, parsley, and cilantro for the omelet/quiche dish.   Haldora told me she had a ton of fresh dill.  Haldora, do you still have a lot you can bring?  If so, I’ll let you know how much I need.

If anybody else has extra parsley or cilantro in their garden they would like to contribute, let me know.  Otherwise, I’ll get them from the store.

I also need some freezer space for the stew and 12 pie pans of omelet.  I can take some of that, but if you have spare room in your freezer you would let me use for a few weeks, please let me know.

Thanks in advance to those who donate herbs and/or come to help!

YIS,

--Gwyneth

Judy Thiem

Origio omnis est conscientia pura