I wrote a note to Don Luce who works at the Bell Museum - This is his
reply on the information that the dioramas were not going to be saved.
Kris Kirkeby

This is very depressing that this misinformation is being spread. Our
plans call for moving and restoring all the Jaques dioramas.Of the 16
large dioramas, 9 were painted by Jaques, the rest by other artists. A
total of 11 will be moved. The five that will not be moved are of much
lower artistic quality, are in poorer condition, or no longer fit our
mission. However, we will be saving and re-purposing many of the
components of these dioramas. We also plan to save the smaller dioramas,
though we will not be showing them all at any one time.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. As you can imagine, I'm a bit
busy right now with the new building, new exhibits etc. It's going to be
a great project with a move to the St Paul campus on a site with parking
and 6 acres for outdoor exhibits. Some of the dioramas will be
re-installed in a traditional diorama hall. The rest will be integrated
with new exhibits in a new "Minnesota Nature Gallery". We will be
integrating science process, current research, environmental issues and
art into a diverse and interactive environment.

Hope all is well with you. Don Luce