Meetings and webinars for iDigBio's Fluid-preserved Arthropod and
Microscopic Slide Imaging Interest Group will resume in September. This
month’s webinar (see details below) will highlight imaging possibilities
from GigaMacro (http://gigamacro.com/), currently in use at the Frost
Insect Museum, Penn State. The announcement is posted on the interest
group wiki
(https://www.idigbio.org/wiki/index.php/Fluid_Preserved_Arthropds).

On a related subject, Rob Meyer and others at Hamamatsu have tweaked
their high throughput slide scanning equipment to allow for greater
depth of field, enhancing the potential for high-throughput imaging of
microscopic slides. We are now working on scheduling this topic for our
October meeting and will announce that as soon as the details are confirmed.

In the meantime:
What: Webcast/webinar: Monthly online meeting of the Fluid-preserved
Arthropod and Microscopic Slide Imaging Interest Group
Topic: GigaMacro: High Quality Imaging of Biological Specimens
Presenters: Gene Cooper, Graham Bird, Naomi Cooper
When: 16 September 2014, Noon-1:00 p.m. EDT
Where: https://idigbio.adobeconnect.com/invertimaging

To receive these and similar announcements via Twitter, follow
@idiggilnelson

Gil

--
Gil Nelson, PhD