Thank you all very much for the help! I am sure the problem is due to over
diluting the paint. I am new to acrylic and in some areas I used it too
much like watercolor, which I am much more familiar with. I think I will
try the matte finish medium diluted 30%, as suggested by Bruce.

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Bruce Bartrug <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> For sure.

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Karen Ackoff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> The ground might also be a factor.
>>
>> On Sep 12, 2014, at 10:47 AM, Bruce Bartrug <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> instructions at

Carolyn K. Smith
Wildlife Art and Scientific Illustration <http://carolynksmith.com>