Thank you Stoney! That was my first GNSI conference, chaired by the fabulous Cynthia Cooper Shaw. This presentation by Dr. Jim Chatters was riveting and we were treated to quite the back story.  Somehow we ended up at a lunch table with him and his daughter that day. Have seen him since in documentaries.

“ Corps of Engineers continuing adversity” ………..and Katrina…….and on and on.

Sent from Windows Mail

From: Lana Johnson
Sent: ‎Monday‎, ‎September‎ ‎1‎, ‎2014 ‎7‎:‎00‎ ‎PM
To: [log in to unmask]

From:Stoney Compton
Subject:Kennewick Man
Date:September 1, 2014 at 4:33:03 PM CDT
To:GNSI Listserv

Hi Folks,

I remember listening to Jim Chatters at the annual meeting in 1999 at Richland, WA. He spoke of the Kennewick Man and fascinated a lot of us with the subject. The Smithsonian Magazine has published an article about this incredible find and you may peruse it here:
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/kennewick-man-finally-freed-share-his-secrets-180952462/?no-ist=&no-cache=&page=1 at your leisure. What strikes me as completely absurd is the Corps of Engineers continuing adversity in this event.  Enjoy.

Stoney

Stoney Compton, SFWA
Author of Russian Amerika and Alaska Republik (Baen Books).
Treadwell, A Novel of Alaska Territory, Diplomatic Exchange, Level Six, Return to Kiana, and Whalesong, available in Kindle or Smashwords and trade paperback format from Pullo Pup Publishing through Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005LZWL3S
http://www.stoneycompton.com
http://www.facebook.com/Treadwell.novel

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. -Voltaire, philosopher and writer (1694-1778)