I highly recommend the small-size Pro Art folding palettes. They are cheap (3.50 each at my local art store), sturdy and well-designed: nice rounded wells for paint and a snap to close and store. For workshops with mostly uninitiated participants, I make paint sets with these palettes and van gogh tube paints (I also find the quality of these to be fairly good). Because you're selling each student a few wells of paint instead of full tubes

Sent from my iPhone