Thank you, Jenny, I appreciate it.

I actually have two of those smaller pro-art palettes.I forgot about them!  I have the larger one, and found it hard to pack in a travel kit, so found these two smaller ones in a walk-in store, and thought I'd use one for warm paints and t'other for cools. I'd have more mixing areas, too.  Very glad you mentioned them.

I costed out the W&N colors I would use, in 15ml and 37ml tubes. I narrowed it down to 6 colors. I am still arguing with myself over trying Van Gogh or keeping with DSmith or W&N. I don't want to get stuck with paints I really can't use.  Both halves of my brain are still tossing that one around.

This weekend I opened a new tube of DS Hematite Violet, and darned if it wasn't 2/3 binder. I've had the tube for a while, many months, and don't know if they'll take it back. grrrr.

In my investigation of DSmith or Blick W&N pigments, palettes, paper, everything, Blick is cheaper across the board. Even with identical W&N paints about 1.50-2.5o each cheaper a tube. So I haven't found the DSmith sale to be that much of a big whoop.

My costs worked out about $24 bucks a student (10 students) for the paints I picked out. But I might reconsider buying the multiples I thought I may need.

Another $10 for the Black Silver Brush, and $3.80 for the folding pro-art palette (well, I found it under "Blick's" generic name, not pro-art).  It is totaling around $40 for the material fee. So I'm still contemplating it. I might cut down on some paint. I am still clinging to the idea of the brush.

Ta very much
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325