I did not know it was so immediate. My tumor had a 50:50 percent of
survival. Fred's took longer, so he could say "goodbye", while I luckily
survived mine a few years ago (at the age of 40 so it gave me a second
life). He had a long and fulfilled life and there is not much more one can
wish for.

As a German I suggest: let's write a "Festschrift" for him. I had promised
him an article, which I would write postumously about the differentiation
between what is "social" and what is "political" in economics, which is I
think one of the central themes to drive his activities. I am
(unfortunately only now) ready to do it. Who is in as well (I sugget to
accept only "foundational" articles, i.e. non-standard ones, for this
venture)?

Best

Hayo

--