I join a long line of folks that regret Fred's passing. I am one if his
doctoral students, but unlike some I've not had the privilege of finishing
with him. He taught me so much and changed the way I think of the economy
and society in general. I'll never be the same. Fred taught me that
economics is about social provisioning, and that social provisioning is
about people.

I'll never forget that and I'll never forget him. He'll always be in my
economics.

The last thing he told me was that,"You should never hold back, even if it
makes them uncomfortable."

I won't disappoint him.

Rest in peace Fred.

Mitch Green.