Dear AFEE Colleagues:

I want to echo Dave Z's remarks.  We were both fortunate to work with Fred over the past year on a number of important AFEE projects, and as Dave commented, Fred was indefatigable and always prepared for our many conversations.  He has put together an excellent program for our upcoming meetings in Boston, and we will be certain to make a point of remembering his work on behalf of AFEE and heterodox economics.  And his legacy going forward will be a strong one, in the work he produced, in the students he mentored, and in the many projects to promote heterodox economics.

To his students and colleagues, my deep sympathy.

Jan Knoedler