From: AFEEMAIL Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Hayo Siemsen [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2014 4:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Fred Lee

I did not know it was so immediate. My tumor had a 50:50 percent of survival. Fred's took longer, so he could say "goodbye", while I luckily survived mine a few years ago (at the age of 40 so it gave me a second life). He had a long and fulfilled life and there is not much more one can wish for.

As a German I suggest: let's write a "Festschrift" for him. I had promised him an article, which I would write postumously about the differentiation between what is "social" and what is "political" in economics, which is I think one of the central themes to drive his activities. I am (unfortunately only now) ready to do it. Who is in as well (I sugget to accept only "foundational" articles, i.e. non-standard ones, for this venture)?

Best

Hayo