Actually, many cities ban the shooting of archery within their city limits
except for reserved sites (archery ranges).  I believe the city of Lincoln
considers them fire arms.  A long time ago I requested permission to do an
archery demonstration at an event we were doing for another local
organization.  I never got past the first person to answer the phone.  She
was incredulous that I would even ask.

Owain