Derwent was our compromise- sorry.   We lean toward a drier
drawing/painting given that we are working out on the museum floor.  Some
day I'd like to do a "real" watercolor for medical illustration
workshop but it will have to wait until there is a classroom with a sink.
I love the idea of the mylar palette.  Having two ends to the pencil would
also be an interesting solution, a wet end and a dry end.