Hi Will,

           You could have just rung me. :-) I'm at home sick today with some
stomach bug though.

I did that research a couple of years ago and can't remember all my sources.
They were all open copyright and some were even Wikipedia.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/Louse_diagram%2C_Microgra
phia%2C_Robert_Hooke%2C_1667.jpg

The biodiversity heritage library is brilliant and you can zoom in a long
way on plates.

http://biodiversitylibrary.org/item/45693#page/43/mode/1up

Google finds all sorts of treasures though.
https://scolarcardiff.wordpress.com/tag/cardiff-rare-books-collection/page/4
/

Cheers,

Geoff