Hello Botanists,
I am illustrating an Asclepis incarnata, part of my UGA BFA Scientific Illustration Exit Show. Illustrating the host plant for the Monarch showing leaves that have been partially eaten, notched and with an egg on one leaf’s underside. Having trouble with the root system. One book reference states the roots are fibrous (Pollinators of Native Plants by Heather Holm - page 182) Not sure how the roots are shaped in the ground. Are the roots shaped in an oval shape or spread out like a tree. Have other picture references, my photos of a pot bound plant, herbarium sheets with small portions of roots on the page.

Want to make this correct. Any guidance from you who are the experts will be most appreciated! Thank you!

“OC” Carlisle
Still the student & looking to graduate in December 2014. Thanks again for your help!
University of Georgia
Athens, GA