Hi Chris: Ahhh. I've also been told about chili powder!  Yes! Sprinkling it around the carport under the engine along with baking soda (I was told).
Would the more powerful the capsaicin be better, you think? As long as it doesn't smell like bell peppers, I'm ok with chilis.

Ta very much
Linda
P.S. I really like your tag line quotation!
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325
Hereford, AZ 85615
(520) 803-0538