Read this with great interest.  However, my problem is indoors and I can not and do not want to use any poison.  I liked the idea of the quick kill and will look for it.  This morning when I was building my fire in the wood stove I saw a snippet of snake skin and was reminded of the two large ones I saved last week when I was stacking wood.  I lost count after awhile, but there were all sizes in the huge pile.  So I went out retrieved them and placed them under my cooking stove and one under the sink where in the quiet of evening they are V busy.  Seemed like a logical thing to try and of course it remains to be seen if it has any success in deterring them.  Does anyone have any ideas about the effectiveness it might have?  Any smell to snake skins?
I have a new kitty of one month that was a stray and lived on mice and such.  His interest level is high to say the least, but I don't want him eating them since he has now been freed of his tapeworm. Plus, I don't want to step on one in the night. I just want them to go away and stay out of my silverware drawers and walls.
Sally T

Nous connaîtrions-nous seulement un peu nous-mêmes, sans les arts?
Could we ever know each other in the slightest without the arts?
                                                               Gabrielle Roy (1909-1983)
http://www.sallythibault.com
Vinalhaven Island Memories 1950 - 1990
Maine Coast, USA