Hi Kathy and Happy Autumn Everyone!
Get out there and enjoy the fantastic Autumn colors- drag out the watercolor pencils!!!!!

I have a few Caran d'Arche pencils. So am not as familiar with that brand. I guess I'm happy with the Faber Castell Albrecht Durer's as a smooth, buttery, quick-disolving pigment. I like the Derwents (just plain, not inktense or graphitints) for their harder application.

The thing I don't like about the 12-pack intro kits is that they put white and black in the kit. I guess the black is usable, but I don't use the white at all. But I'm sure there is a need for it somewhere.

Only 12 favorites? Well, here's mine, based on the twelve shortest sticks in my kit:
Faber Castell Albrecht Durer: Helio-blue Reddish 151, Walnut brown 177, Warm Gray 274, Burnt Ocre 187, Ultramarine-120, Venetian red-190, and Magenta ??.
Derwent: Watercolour: Copper Beach61, Lemon Cadmium 2, Olive green, 51, Gunmetal 69, Golden Brown59, Terracotta 64, Crimson Lake 20.
and
Derwent: Graphitint; most all of them because they are earth-tones.

Cheers,
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325