Linda,

This sounds wonderful! I hope it all works out and that you will keep us posted on results.  I bought a Faber Castell selection of colored pencils that Wendy Hollander suggested on her website. One can buy the matching colors in the Derwent watercolor pencils and the Faber Castell pastel pencils. Hopefully,  these will meet your pricing requirements.

During one of your seminars at the GNSI conferences, did you demonstrate some techniques with the Derwent watercolor pencils?

For my Monarch & Coneflower illustration, I used the Strathmore 500 3 ply vellum which had a slight tooth. My mediums were graphite, watercolor wash and colored pencil (used the prismacolor pencils for this project).  For many of my school assignments, I used the same Strathmore, takes a lot of carrying around, handling, erasures, satisfactory “board”.

Best wishes!

“OC” Carlisle