Hi Bruce,

I noticed that your Feather radius is set to some value (looks like 1.1 px, but it's hard to see). That means your selection has a feathered edge. Photoshop often doesn't like to crop a feathered selection.

Try setting your Feather back to zero before making any of the selections and see what happens.

Jim

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Bruce Bartrug [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2014 11:04 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SCIART] OT: Photoshop crop problem

Strange.  I very often use the Rectangular Marquee Tool (set to remove a selection) to slice off pieces of a larger selection.  Especially useful when cropping photos.  But of a sudden, Photoshop won't crop the slices off the image.  I have to delete the larger selection and start over again.  Here's a screen shot:  https://flic.kr/p/psA5wJ.  You can see the initial Select All selection, the piece I wanted to remove and the tool used.  But when I go to Image, Crop the crop doesn't happen.

Wut givs?

Thanks in advance,

Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA