If you are copying an image in Photoshop, select Edit, Copy Merged.  You'll get a flattened image.  If you are wanting to paste from the clipboard, as in copying something outside of Photoshop, after copying to the clipboard, click File, New in Pshop and it will give you a correct sized frame in which to paste the clipboard.  I'm not certain, though, that I'm answering your specific question.

:)b