From: "SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration-"
Sent:Thu, 2 Oct 2014 19:01:17 -0400
Subject:Re: [SCIART] OT: Photoshop crop problem

If you are copying an image in Photoshop, select Edit, Copy Merged.
You'll get a flattened image.  If you are wanting to paste from the
clipboard, as in copying something outside of Photoshop, after copying
to the clipboard, click File, New in Pshop and it will give you a
correct sized frame in which to paste the clipboard.  I'm not
certain, though, that I'm answering your specific question.

:)b