Thanks Gail, I would not know about this if you had not mentioned it.  Something I really wanted to support.
Jane

From: mali moir
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2014 5:41 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Kickstarter program at the Denver Botanical Gardens - ending soon!!

Beautiful project Gail, congratulations on such an inspiring idea and process !

Mali Moir
Botanical, Scientific and Natural History Artist
M. 0422 575 034
Sent from a void far away

On 4 Oct 2014, at 1:33 am, "Gail Guth" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

  GNSI member Mervi Hjelmroos-Koski is leading the charge on a Kickstarter project for the Denver Botanic Gardens School of Botanical Art and Illustration, the location of one of our 2014 conference field trips.

  The project is entering the final stretch, and the fundraising effort has been very successful. Now is a great opportunity to score one of the reward items when you donate!  The kickstarter project page is here:
  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/994091899/practice-makes-perfect-a-...

  The primary goal is to raise funds to publish the limited edition Practice Makes Perfect: A Botanical Illustration Sketchbook. It is an art book of 76 illustrations made by 16 instructors and 60 artists from the School of Botanical Art and Illustration at Denver Botanic Gardens. It celebrates the program’s 34th anniversary and its restructuring as the School of Botanical Art and Illustration.

  The campaign ends Sunday, Oct. 5!!

  Read more here... https://www.gnsi.org/blog/botanical-kickstarting

  Gail

  --