From: Will Smith
Sent: Tuesday, 7 October 2014 9:37 AM
To: 'SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration-'
Subject: early scientific illustration material

Hi Geoff,

              I'm not a great surfer of the web so I would appreciate some starting points for the material mentioned in your post below, especially if it was botanical, if you could spare some time to send them. By the way it looks like we are getting a motorised microscope for taking slice photos. It should be fun to use.

Cheers,

              Will

Thanks Trish,

Let me know about the other one.

I photographed many of the old books myself but so much early scientific illustration material (like the Robert Hooke images) is now available for free download in high quality and of course it's out of copyright.

Cheers,

Geoff

Will Smith
Project Officer (Botanical Imaging)
Queensland Herbarium
Science Delivery
Department of Science, IT, Innovation and the Arts (DSITIA)

Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha
Mt Coot-tha Road, Toowong, Queensland, Australia 4066
Phone: (07) 38969508

This E-Mail is intended only for the addressee. Its use is limited to that intended by the author at the time and it is not to be distributed without the author's consent. Unless otherwise stated, the State of Queensland accepts no liability for the contents of this E-Mail except where subsequently confirmed in writing. The opinions expressed in this E-Mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the State of Queensland. This E-Mail is confidential and may be subject to a claim of legal privilege. If you have received this E-Mail in error, please notify the author and delete this message immediately.