From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Geoff Thompson
Sent: Friday, 10 October 2014 2:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] FW: early scientific illustration material

Hi Will,
           You could have just rung me. :) I'm at home sick today with some stomach bug though.
I did that research a couple of years ago and can't remember all my sources. They were all open copyright and some were even Wikipedia.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/Louse_diagram%2C_Micrographia%2C_Robert_Hooke%2C_1667.jpg
The biodiversity heritage library is brilliant and you can zoom in a long way on plates.
http://biodiversitylibrary.org/item/45693#page/43/mode/1up
Google finds all sorts of treasures though. https://scolarcardiff.wordpress.com/tag/cardiff-rare-books-collection/page/4/
Cheers,
Geoff