Dear GNSI members and friends,

Remember to join us this evening for a exploration of the Smithsonian's new Q?rius education center. Now in existence for about a year, Q?rius is a place that was created specifically for "teens and tweens" and their families as a new type of education center, pairing unusual and fun experiences in science and making sense of them in terms of everyday life. It is a great and flexible space, with over 6000 collection objects that can be looked at closely and manipulated, providing sophisticated tools and equipment for study.

EVENT DATE & TIME: Next Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 5:30 p.m.

Come ready to engage others and create ideas for how we might engage young visitors to Q?rius in
helping to add to the fun of science through art!

LOCATION:
Smithsonian Natural History Museum
10th St. & Constitution Ave., Washington, DC.
Cathy Kerby Room (2nd Floor, East Wing)

Wait for an escort in the Constitution Avenue lobby between 5:30 and 6:00 p.m. (about every 15 minutes)
** PLEASE BE PROMPT

EVENING'S SCHEDULE:
- 5:30 p.m. for snacks and socializing (Please bring a food item to share, or $3.00 for the donation jar.)
- 6:00 p.m. Business and announcements
*** 6:15 p.m. We will leave the Cathy Kerby room as a group to go downstairs to Q?rius.

PARKING:
If you would like to park in the museum lot, ** BRING A COPY OF THIS INVITATION WITH YOU!!
And email Alice Tangerini ([log in to unmask]) with your name.

We hope you can join us!