When cruising the on line vendors, the Faber Castel Albrect Durer's were nearly twice as much as the Derwents (plain w/c pencils). I don't have the  luxury of walking in and selecting individual colors, so need to stick to a small assorted box of 12. I am tempted to include a few individual Albrect Durer pencils, but if I have to keep the price way down, then I feel the Derwents are perfectly satisfactory for beginners.
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325
Hereford, AZ 85615
(520) 803-0538