The professional pest controllers are pretty much unanimous in declaring ultrasonic pest repellants nothing but a scam.
Steve.

Steve Halford ([log in to unmask])
Museum Technician (Retired)
Department of Biological Sciences
Simon Fraser University

Just a word of caution... When I use baits, I use one that does not poison secondarily. It does kill a hawk if the hawk (or your dog or cat) eats a mouse that has ingested it. Available from doityourselfpestcontrol.com