Linda,
Dick Blick sometimes has sales on the sets.  We have a stack of 12 packs and some decent but not terribly expensive brushes round and flat that we keep for those programs.  Paper is a bit more catch as catch can but mostly its Aquabee multimedia sketchbook pages as they hold up to a bit of erasure and water, though not massive amounts.  The sketch book was a lot cheaper than buying individual sheets.  What really seems to make the drawing a success is the quality of the pencils.

Liz