Just to follow up on something Dorcas said, people who have a heraldic will normally will their name and armory to another person, not to an office. Laurel King of Arms decided that you could will things to a limited number of officers, namely the Kingdom Seneschal and the Kingdom Herald. (I imagine you could will it to the Laurel Sovereign of Arms as well.) Most people do not take advantage of this, but it is possible.

Gabriel
ps: There was no formal ruling on this, but there was informal rulings permitting it.