The unofficial Board notes published on the East Kingdom Gazette noted the
following:

"Online auctions are not allowed for official SCA fundraisers. They may be
used for private fundraisers.

Official SCA funds or fundraiser proceeds cannot be directly distributed to
retainers or household members of the Crown. Private fundraisers are not
included in this restriction."

The first point applies only to online auctions.  It does not appear to
abolish offline auctions as an official fundraising method.

The second point is only tangentially related, but I include it for
completeness.

You can see the unofficial notes here:
http://eastkingdomgazette.org/2014/11/15/summary-of-october-bod-meeting/

As these were unofficial notes, it's possible that the Board went further
than was reported, but it does not appear that auctions, in general, have
been abolished, only online auctions used as an official fundraiser.

-Edward de Kent