Got clarification.  What I'm looking to do we are good and clear of the policy.

Nakos

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note® 3

-------- Original message --------
From: Edward de Kent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:11/19/2014 12:21 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CALONTIR] Looking for auction hosting help

The unofficial Board notes published on the East Kingdom Gazette noted the following:

"Online auctions are not allowed for official SCA fundraisers. They may be used for private fundraisers.

Official SCA funds or fundraiser proceeds cannot be directly distributed to retainers or household members of the Crown. Private fundraisers are not included in this restriction."

The first point applies only to online auctions.  It does not appear to abolish offline auctions as an official fundraising method.

The second point is only tangentially related, but I include it for completeness.

You can see the unofficial notes here: http://eastkingdomgazette.org/2014/11/15/summary-of-october-bod-meeting/

As these were unofficial notes, it's possible that the Board went further than was reported, but it does not appear that auctions, in general, have been abolished, only online auctions used as an official fundraiser.

-Edward de Kent