Of course it's all-around tour.  But frankly too touristy now for my
likes.  Too many tour packages to Quito's Old Town and the market at
Otavalo include 3 or 4 days on the Galapagos.  Too few birds per dollar and
too many loud tourists with little cameras that flash even in bright
light.  To me walking alone at 4000 meters and enjoying the volcanoes and
alpine birds is more attractive.  That and quietly slipping through the
Amazon *selva *in the presence of macaws and antbirds, toucans and
hawk-eagles and jaguar tracks makes for a much more satisfying experience.

But to each his own, and I'm certain the trip will be exciting and well
worth it for the participants.

Have a great time!