Have a great time!  I'm not trying to ruin anyones parade, as the Galapagos
are a great destination.  But not for a birder.  I've been to Ecuador four
times and had no inclination to visit the Galapagos.  Compared to the
mainland there are almost zero birds.  When there are 1800 species in a
country the size of Colorado, why go to the islands where there's a handful
of sea birds and a few finches.  Call me pragmatic I guess.......125
hummingbirds, 130 tanagers, 250 tyrannids, at least 150 suboscines and the
same number of antbirds, 46 parrots including 8 macaws, all of the largest
hawks and hawk-eagles including the Harpie.........

Lots of photos when you return would be really cool,