Sad that it’s changed so much since I was there in the late `60s, but I have a series of videos on the region and it is indeed far different than when I was there, not part of a tour group, but with my mother, wandering around, full of awe and the deep mystery of the place.  In ten days of sailing amid the islands, making landfall wherever we chose, we saw other people, once…a yacht in the distance.   There were tourists for sure, and at times we joined them (I even got to meet Guy Mountfort, who was with Roger Tory Peterson co-leading a tour; I knew Roger and he kindly let me tag along for part of the day…but then they all sailed back to their luxury boat…no such luck for me<G>.

Glad I saw it and when I did.  I won’t return…I prefer my memories.

Cheers,

Barry

Barry Kent MacKay

Bird Artist, Illustrator