You can attach this plate to a small board for your sketchbook. http://www.judsonsart.com/pleinair/pc/Extra-Quick-Release-Plate-for-the-Guerrilla-Painter-Field-Tripod-305K-49p115.htm

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Linda Feltner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi All:
I've seen a number of setups for plein aire painting with tripods, and I wondered if anyone had, or could recall any articles on a platform device for a sketchbook that attached to a tripod head?

I don't want to use my portable french easel, or small pochade box. I have a new small and lightweight tripod, and SOME where I saw something about an attachment used as a sketchbook platform..

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Linda
_____________________