My experience was that the mirror was so tiny that I couldn't sketch any thing more than a couple inches tall.

Lore

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Benedict, Chuck A -FS <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I purchased one.  It's a wonderful tool.  It does exactly what it is supposed to do.  What it's supposed to do is enable you to lightly sketch the outlines of the subject matter in front of you.  Once done, you can go back and fill it in and make your  drawing all pretty and such.    That's it.

If you try to make it do what it's not supposed to do, it won't do it.   Examples of what it's not supposed to do?  Well, it can't freeze a frame for you, so if you're trying to sketch the face of an 8-month old child in the throes of a crying fit, or a kitten playing with a sock filled with catnip, or if you're sitting in the back seat of a Land Rover chasing wildebeest across the Kalahari, trying to sketch the back of the driver's head--if you're trying to do those kinds of things, you'll fail miserably.

The thing's gotta be stationary, and your subject's gotta be completely still.

All Hail the Good Life!
Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Karen Ackoff
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SCIART] NeoLucida

There was some conversation on this listserv a while back about the NeoLucida. I was wondering if anyone here has gotten one, and if so, what you think of it. Thanks!

Karen

Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the instructions at http://www.gnsi.org/resources/reviews/gnsi-sciart-l-listserv

Lore Ruttan, Ph.D.

Lore Ruttan Illustration