I don't think it's called strictly a birding tour.
I'm a hard-core birder, and I've birded in mainland Ecuador, and yes it's a stupendous place to bird. But the Galapagos can be a pilgrimage for some. I would LOVE to go. To walk the ground, smell the vegetation and warm rocks, taste the salt sea air. I'd cherish the experience of watching swimming iguanas, examine those moving boulders with large legs and incredible faces. It's an experience, made unique by it's history. Yes it's hard to get there if you don't like boats, and yes tourism is prevelant. But I'd LOVE to go despite the lack of bird diversity. There are four days "exploring" (birding if you will) in the interior. Having been a birding tour leader, and co-owner of a birding tour company, sounds like an all around package. Not strictly birds.

Best,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325