thank you, Carol! The compliment is much appreciated, and we are glad you enjoyed it!

Gail

On 11/18/14 3:16 PM, Carol Creech wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Fantastic journal!! I happened to have the rare opportunity to read it cover-to-cover just now before getting my kids from school. Thanks to all of the journal staff and contributors for another great issue!

Carol

CCreech Studio
Nature Art, Natural Stone Jewelry & Bookbinding
Website: http://www.ccreechstudio.com/
Blog: http://ccreechstudio.blogspot.com/
Etsy Shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ccreechstudio

From: Gail Guth <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:02 AM
Subject: [SCIART] Journal!

The Editorial Staff is pleased to announce the latest GNSI 2014 Journal, No.3 Issue is now available for download online FREE to members! The print membership version is in the mail now.
This issue includes these great articles:

  • BREATHLESS!: A Boulder Conference Review
    Amelia Janes reviews the Summer Conference.

  • Pages From My Boulder Sketchbook
    Sketches of the Flatirons, the iconic mountains of Boulder, CO

  • 2014 Members Exhibit
    Favorite images in each of several categories of the 2014 GNSI Annual Exhibit

  • GNSI CONFERENCE 2015: July 5-11, 2015
    Scott Rawlins describes the location of the 2015 Conference in Glenside, PA.

  • Botanical Illustration: The Past Carries Forward
    Alice Tangerini reviews trends in botanical illustration over her career at the Smithsonian.

  • Sequential Art in Science
    Diana Marques highlights how comics are resurging and expanding from their traditional role into new media and new subjects.

  • Member Spotlight: Trudy Nicholson
    Premier scratchboard artist Trudy Nicholson discusses discusses her career in science illustration.

  • The Business of Illustration: Scientific Illustration Internship with Studio Kayama
    Ikumi Kayama with Latona Smith. Thinking about an Intern for your studio? Find out what the experience is like.

  • Book Review: Beetles and Other Insects
    Diana Marques reviews the book by Gerhard Scherer, a 4th expanded edition.

  • Science-Art.com Ad
    Marketing for Science Artists
__________
Digital download is FREE to GNSI members when they login to the GNSI website. Others may download the Journal (PDF) for $12.
The Journal is always looking for great articles like the ones in this issue! You don't have to be an accomplished writer, we can help with your presentation. Contact Managing Editor Gail Guth with your ideas.

--
Gail Guth
Guth Illustration & Design

Gail Guth