 From: Patrick Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, December 4, 2014 1:23 PM
Subject: Re: [CALONTIR] Proposed Peerage for Masters of Defense

Jalali,

I can come up with three Laurels for historic combat, mostly sword based, from Northshield alone. The main problem with a Laurel for historic combat and the rapier peerage is that one is for research and one is for skill. (Or should be.)

Gabriel

Also, you all might want to contact M. Don Hans Durmast von der Wanderlust who lives in An Tir.  He is one of the few that I know of receiving a Laurel for his practice of his martial art of Fence and the research he did on period use and technique.  He could give you some very valuable insight to this issue.  Part of his early research (nearly 20 years ago) was on finding mundane patents of arms that had been given in the area of rapier combat.  He and his group found 2 distinct different references, but the 3rd eluded them for quite a while.  You owe it to yourselves to ask this Gentleman what he thinks about it and why.

--

Patrick Anderson

"No matter how much you feed the wolf,

he keeps looking at the forest." --Ilse Lehiste