Tibor -

The Board has recently circulated potential language for changes
> to Corpora to support a possible new Peerage for Rapier.  They
> are asking for commentary.

I have responded once, and will probably do so again. However, the fact
that they are asking for commentary on the wording tells me they have
already accepted as fact that they are going to create one. They just want
blessing on their wording.

One of the codicils at the end (I'll quote it below), seems to move
> rapier from an ancillary activity that Kingdoms may or may not
> choose to support, to one that they must support.

I think that "must" is too strong a word. As a kingdom, we don't HAVE to do
anything, except have an armored combat tournament periodically to choose a
new crown. We don't HAVE to recognize anyone for anything else, if we
choose not to. Granted, that would be kind of pointless, but if that is
what the majority of people want...

> How would this impact Calontir?

I don't think it will at all, to start. Assuming this new peerage is
created, there will be almost immediate pressure to implement an award
structure similar to those we have for other activities. That pressure will
be met with a HUGE backlash, setting back the entire practice of Calon
Steel across the kingdom. The fact that the bulk of the pressure would come
from outside the kingdom is irrelevant. We will see a repeat of the fiasco
that happened two decades ago when fencing was first proposed here.

I personally am so opposed to this new peerage that _I_ will do everything
I can to not acknowledge it.

-- Logan --
Warranted Calon Steel Marshal & Combatant
Warranted Armored Combat Marshal & Combatant
KSCA